2nd Composition - 12 tone.
*Above images are the scores of this piece. Music at Jukebox.*

*My compositions have no connections with the photographs.*
My second piece is a freely atonal composition adopting the twelve tone method. For this piece, I am not only using the twelve tone technique, but also serialism and syncopation. 

Explanation;
The whole idea behind the twelve tone technique isthat the notes in the tonal piece were organized in such a way that no one tonecan be repeated until all eleven others had been used.  Serialism is part of the twelve tone methodwhere a recurring series of ordered elements is manipulated to give a pieceunity. I used syncopation to make the melody a bit different and surprising.For example, after a section of crochets, I put in a different note at the end. My composition is divided into two partswith different form. I used the combinatorial form for the first section andthe second section is in the form of prime series. I used the different formsindependently in order to create a contrasting sound. In my first piece, forthe harmony, I arranged the notes in prime series and its retrograde form. 

Reason of composing this piece;
-It is different from the general music piece which follow the rule of being 'tonal'.

See You Again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment